- Raise student achievement at NCEA level 2 or higher.
- Ensure student achievement of level 1 literacy and numeracy at a minimum.
- Motivate students to stay engaged in learning and training by providing them with the skills and experience to make good decisions about their future.
- Prepare students to transition into tertiary education, vocational training or employment.
- Support students to develop their self-confidence through participation in youth life skills and leadership courses.
- Ensure students are provided with opportunities to develop their sense of identity, language and culture.
- Improve student attendance at school.
- Allow students to set goals in relation to their education, well-being, and future pathways in tertiary education, vocational training and employment.
It is expected that students enrolled in the Services Academies’ programme will achieve the following outcome(s):
- NCEA level 1 literacy and numeracy as a minimum
- an NCEA level 2 or higher qualification
- remain in secondary school education or transition to tertiary education, vocational training or employment
- demonstrate improved self-confidence and motivation in terms of their decision-making about their future.
You can find more information about service academies including a list of schools that operate them on the TKI website.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org